2017 dates and times are tentative & all times are Eastern.
SATURDAY, APRIL 15 – REGISTRATION OPENS
- 12:00pm – Registration opens online. Registration is on a first-come basis and no slots will be reserved outside of the online registration process. Previous events have filled quickly and the 2016 registration site crashed due to heavy traffic. We’ve taken steps to hopefully avoid this in 2017. I guess our point is – don’t procrastinate. The event fills up quickly.
SATURDAY, JULY 22 – SILENT AUCTION @ TRIO
- 6:00pm-9:00pm – This auction, hosted by Trio – Wine, Cheese and Beer, allows us to provide this weekend free to families. Contact Lisa if you’re interested in donating to the auction or helping in some other way.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 10 – OPEN HOUSE @THE NC AQUARIUM ON ROANOKE ISLAND
- 5:30pm-7:30pm – Participants and volunteers are welcome to enjoy the NC Aquarium on Roanoke Island for FREE. There will be a donation box for anyone who would like to donate to the Aquarium.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 11 – MEET AND GREET @ JENNETTE’S PIER
- 5:30pm-7:30pm – Merchandise will be available for purchase (t-shirts, hats, etc).
- 5:30pm-6:15pm – Dinner and mingling.
- 6:15pm-6:45pm – Presentations, video social story, and general housekeeping.
- 6:45pm-7:30pm – Siblings of the child with autism will get a fishing lesson, and fish for a bit.
- 6:45pm-7:30pm – Individuals with autism will head down to the sand and practice surfing skills in the sand.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 12 – SURFING EVENT
- 8:30am-2:00pm – Individuals with autism go surfing.
- 1:30pm-2:30pm – Lunch for volunteers, family and individuals with autism.